Enhancing your professional brand with videos will make a giant positive difference to what you are doing and to how far you can go in a short amount of time. The truth is that your personal and your professional brand are, in many ways, one brand and videos will serve to enhance both very effectively.
The visibility of your brand
First of all, it is extremely important for you to get yourself and your business in front of the people with whom you wish to share a relationship. You can accomplish that in one of several ways, including written content, graphic images, and videos. Videos can be extremely effective and very attractive to many of the members of your target audience. In actuality, you can’t become successful without other people. You don’t exist in a silo and without the other people, who is going to connect with you and who is eventually going to buy what you are selling? Your business’s visibility to other people is critical to everything. Of course, that involves the search engines, in addition to other things. If a person is searching for a product and/or service that is similar to what you offer, the result of their search will produce a list and if you are not at the top of that list, they will click on someone else’s website. That is definitely not what you want. As was mentioned above, there are several different ways in which to capture the attention of your target audience members. It will be worth your while to consider videos as part of your regular online brand marketing strategy. Additionally, there are several other justifiable reasons why you should incorporate videos into your strategy.
- Searching for videos is very popular: The truth is that people love to watch videos. They actually love videos about anything that you could imagine. Many people are visual beings and receiving the content in a visual form will be more memorable and more relevant to them than words on a page, in many cases.
- Making a video is a piece of cake: In the (not so distant) past, making a video was not easy for many people. If you were technically challenged in the least, it wouldn’t be a fun project for you to get involved with. In addition to it being difficult, it was also costly. Of course, it certainly wouldn’t make any sense to produce anything but a top-quality for your business. After all, it is your business (and your livelihood) that we are discussing here.
- Videos instill positive qualities in relationships: When it comes to relationships (all relationships), the human (or emotional) connection must be present at all times. Without it, you won’t get anywhere with the other person. Once you have established a connection (in this case, through your video), you can begin to interact live so that you can build a meaningful, lasting relationships together.
- Videos give you an edge: One thing that is probably true is that not everyone is using videos as part of their online brand marketing strategy. That is all the more reason why you should try to get there before anyone else gets there. Even if you are not the first and even if you are not the only one, you can consider that you do hold that position. It will give you confidence and the upper hand (at least in your mind).
- Video is trendy (in a positive way): At this point (whether you started out as a marketer or not), you are involved with marketing your brand. You undoubtedly know enough about marketing to accomplish it effectively and efficiently. By now, you should definitely have a good sense of how powerful videos can be for your business and why you need to make sure that you leverage videos to the best of your ability.
- Quality versus quantity: Once you understand how you can leverage videos for your business, the next thing that you need to do is to decide on the quality of the videos that you want to post. It is very sensible to choose quality over quantity. A good-quality video can produce amazing results and it is acceptable if you post videos at a frequency that is sensible as long as it is consistent. The consistency is more important than the actual frequency.
- Choose the most effective keywords: The descriptions that you assign to your videos are very important. The main reason for this is so that people can find you easily when they are searching for you and your offerings.
- In the beginning: If you have never used videos before in your branding strategy, a great place to start will be with YouTube. You can create your own YouTube channel, in which you can be the emcee in your own videos.
- Embed your videos whenever possible: If at all possible (and it should be quite easy), you should embed your videos in your blog or website, LinkedIn profile, as well as in other places where you feel it is appropriate.
- Promote your videos: Not only is it important to create and post your videos but it is also important to promote your videos to your professional online communities. You will see that it will start to make a significant difference to your traffic and your interactions.
Videos are a very important part of your online brand marketing strategy. Unlike other types of content, they have the human touch built right in and people will absolutely react to what you are saying and how you are saying it on your videos. They will have no choice but to want to connect with you on a deeper level. You can use videos to build your brand and you can use them as a springboard to forming new relationships and improving the relationships that already exist. It is also important to understand that you have many options when it comes to the types of videos that you might want to consider making. You just need to choose the one(s) that is right for your and for your business.
We are pleased to provide you with the insightful comments contained herein. For a complimentary assessment of your online presence, let’s have coffee.